ecobirmingham want to make Birmingham a greener, healthier place to live. Our tailored corporate packages help you reach your CSR objectives and develop your workforce by creating positive change for the community and the environment.
Ditch the Desk
“BSN have had a great day thinking about our impact on the environment and helping in a local urban community garden…Highly recommended for a team building day to reflect on our environmental responsibilities” – BSN Chartered Accountants.
ecobirmingham want to create a sustainable city. As well as individuals and communities, we work with businesses to support and inspire work towards a low carbon future. Our Ditch the Desk corporate team away days offer your employees the opportunity to:
- Build team dynamics and staff morale.
- Work cooperatively in a completely different setting.
- Contribute to the local community.
- Improve employees’ environmental knowledge, information that can be brought back to their place of work and used in their daily lives.
A typical interactive and creative day will include:
- Eco games involving role-playing and team building.
- Outdoor work in the fresh air in one of our tranquil community gardens in the Northfield area of Birmingham.
- Work on a garden project.
- Work will depend on the season, but could include sowing and propagating plants, building structures and maintaining existing projects within the garden.
- Exploration and discussion into ways groups can reduce their carbon footprint in their work and home environments.
- Activities will cater for all abilities and will vary depending on the growing season.
No green fingers or previous experience of gardening is necessary. The groups will be supervised, and full health and safety briefings given. We can cater for groups of 8-30 people. Refreshments will be provided but lunch will not be included. Please note, groups will be living with basic amenities for the day.
For more information, costs and how we can tailor our packages to your needs, please contact us on 0121 448 0119 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DUST OFF YOUR BIKE
Dust Off Your Bike is our programme to get more people in Birmingham commuting by bike. There has never been a better time to start cycling in the city. Over the last few years there has been a massive investment in cycle infrastructure, including new, safer cycleways on the A34 and A38, as well as improved routes along our 100 miles of canals and our 571 parks & green spaces. The city also has big challenges to overcome such as congestion, air pollution and obesity.
Cycling benefits include:
- Improved health and well-being of employees.
- Reduction in work absences and lateness.
- Reduced congestion on the roads.
- More people cycling to work safely with confidence.
- Reduction in parking costs for the employer
- Reduction in air pollution.
- Building the employers’ reputation as a ‘green’ business
We offer a menu of activities to businesses in Birmingham to get staff pedalling:
Dr Bike / Route Finding / Cycling hints and tips – In these informal drop-in sessions, we ensure employees bikes are road-worthy with a service from Dr Bike; sit down with staff to work out the best routes for them to commute in to work; and give advice and information on getting cycling.
Maintenance – Maintenance knowledge can help save money, keep bikes safe and ensure they are a pleasure to ride. We offer basic maintenance sessions for staff to ensure their bikes are kept in tip top condition. Sessions cover safety checks, cleaning advice, wheels, tyres and punctures.
Led Ride / Cycling tuition – Our led group rides are the perfect way to build confidence, explore local cycle routes and build team cohesion. For those who are less confident on two-wheels, we can offer cycling tuition.