Saturday 25th September
10am – 2pm
Cycling is a great way to move more and get active whilst reducing transport costs and environmental impact. Whether you’ve been referred to us or you are just keen to get out there and get active then we are here to help.
This session aims to develop riders’ skills and confidence so they can ride in diverse road environments, including complex, often busy roads and junctions, sometimes with speed limits above 30 mph.
This class will be made up of a small group of up to 3 trainees and 1 instructor.
Participants must have successfully completed Bikeability Level 2 before taking part in Bikeability Level 3. You can book onto a Level 2 course HERE.
At Level 3 you will learn how to safely:
- Plan a journey
- Plan to and ride assertively everywhere cycling is permitted
- Maintain suitable riding positions
- Cooperate with and respect other road users (including avoiding driver blind spots and riding with others)
- Pass queuing traffic and use junctions controlled by traffic lights (if present)
- Use cycle infrastructure and multi lane roads (if present)
- Ride on roads with speeds above 30 mph (if present)
People learn differently, and some take longer than others however, generally this session will last roughly 3 hours.
If possible please bring your own bike and helmet, however, if needed please let us know when booking so we can arrange for you to borrow one. Please arrive 10 minutes before the session to pick these up.
You will need to meet your instructor at Northfield Ecocentre. The address is,53 Church Rd, Northfield, Birmingham B31 2LBMap and directions can be found by clicking here.
Please also bring water for drinking, snacks if required and wear suitable clothing/footwear.
If you have them, bring some gloves. They help you to grip the handlebars better as well as keeping the hands warm. In hot weather please ensure you bring water and sun cream.
This class is for adults (*12yrs+) who want to improve their confidence and bike handling skills.
*Children must be accompanied by an adult
Your safety is important to us
We’re committed to making your course safe.
- We are following health and safety advice with additional measures and standards also in place
- Course group sizes reduced, social distancing will be maintained throughout sessions
- Hand sanitiser and cleaning products will be provided
- If borrowing a bike, participants will be required to clean all contact points of the bicycle before and after sessions
- Participants must bring a face covering.
- The whole session will take place outside. However, if you need to enter Northfield Ecocentre a face covering must be worn.
- We have a strict cleaning regime in the building and of all equipment.
This course is free, however we do appreciate donations if you are able. Donations from people like you are essential to ensure we can continue our important work across the city.
By booking on this event you accept ecobirmingham’s terms and conditions.