Every Thursday: 10.30am – 11.30am
And some Saturday’s : 10am – 11am
This course is for beginners (aged over 12*), anyone who cannot yet pedal without help.
Cycling is a great way to move more and get active whilst reducing transport costs and environmental impact. Whether you’ve been referred to us or you are just keen to get out there and get active then we are here to help.
- This session is for complete beginners who want to learn to ride a bike for the first time.
- The sessions start promptly, you will need to meet your instructor at Northfield Ecocentre.
- Each session is 1 hour long.
Our aim is to get participants pedalling without assistance and to experience the fun and enjoyment of moving on two wheels.
In these sessions we will teach the following skills: (subject to timing and current ability)
- understanding safety equipment and clothing including helmet
- carry out a simple bike check
- get on and off the bike without help
- pedal without help and stop without help
If possible please bring your own bike and helmet, however, if needed please let us know when booking so we can arrange for you to borrow one. Please arrive 10 minutes before the session to pick these up.
This class is for adults (*12yrs+) who want to Learn to ride a bike or just improve their confidence and bike handling skills. People learn differently and some take longer than others, you may need to attend more than one session to complete the whole course.
This is a group session however, due to the pandemic we are taking extra precautions and reducing the number of participants.
*Children must be accompanied by an adult
Your safety is important to us
We’re committed to making your course safe.
- We are following health and safety advice with additional measures and standards also in place
- Course group sizes reduced, social distancing will be maintained throughout sessions
- Hand sanitiser and cleaning products will be provided
- If borrowing a bike, participants will be required to clean all contact points of the bicycle before and after sessions
- Participants must bring a face covering.
- The whole session will take place outside. However, if you need to enter Northfield Ecocentre a face covering must be worn.
- We have a strict cleaning regime in the building and of all equipment.
If you haven’t been emailed a booking confirmation within 24 hours, please contact us.
This course is free, however we do appreciate donations if you are able. Donations from people like you are essential to ensure we can continue our important work across the city.
By booking on this event you accept ecobirmingham’s terms and conditions.