Sunday 9th January – 11am
Meeting 11am – Bournville Train Station – Canal Side, Mary Vale Rd.
Finish – Attic Brew Co – approx 1pm
Leaving promptly at 11am the ride will be approx 8-10 miles exploring a great bike friendly route. Using canals, cycle paths, shared paths through some of the city’s wonderful green spaces and a few quiet roads to connect the route together. There will be a refreshment stop half way with opportunity for a hot drink and snacks if needed.
Led by qualified ride leaders, the ride starts at Bournville Train Station and finishes at Attic Brew Co, arriving just in time to join in the fun at our pop up cycling event. A fantastic day of all things cycling and social – from general bike chat, route finding, bike maintenance and free bike checks.
This ride is suitable for all the family. Standard two wheel bikes, e-bikes, trailers and non standard bikes are welcome. We want this ride to be as accessible as possible, if you have a non standard bike, trike or similar please let us know so we can adjust the route if needed.
Recommended for ages 8 years plus or those able to cope with the distance. Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult and must wear a helmet.
As on all our group rides, the pace will be gentle, nobody will get left behind.
Things to remember:
- You will need to have your own bike to take part in the ride. If required bike hire is available from West Midlands Cycle Hire docks available not too far from the meeting point. Plan ahead and register on app to allow plenty of time to join the ride.
- Bike lights for the journey home – this time of the year it will get dark very quickly.
- Wrap up warm, wear gloves and bring a waterproof – Layers are a good idea and easily removed if you get too warm.
- Bring money to buy snacks, hot drinks, beer (you are welcome to bring your own snacks/flask)
- Rucksack or bike bags – For taking home discounted take out beers after all pedals turned are beers earned! *discount on take out beer for all those arriving by bike to aid and encourage all participants to take part in a bit of #quaxing on the way home.
- Please drink and ride responsibly
Places are limited and must be booked. For more information and to secure your place click the book now button below. If you are booking for more than one person please add the correct number of tickets to your cart and tell us the names of all attendees (including children) when booking.
LED RIDE* – By taking part in this ride you accept ecobirmingham’s terms and conditions.
Inspiring positive action towards using active travel for everyday journeys, part of our Brum By Bike project.
In partnership with The Postcode Lottery and Attic Brewery
This is a free event, however we do appreciate donations if you are able. Donations from people like you are essential to ensure we can continue our important work across the city.