Sunday 6th February 2022,
ATTIC BREW CO. 29B MARY VALE RD, B30 2DA
Discover the possibilities of traveling by bike, have fun and learn new skills.
Join us for a fantastic day of all things cycling and social at Attic Brew Co – from general bike chat, route finding, bike maintenance and confidence building starting with a led group ride exploring local bike friendly routes as well as *discounted beer for all those arriving by bike to aid and encourage all participants to take part in a bit of #quaxing on the way home.
This is a great opportunity to meet new people, learn new skills and bike friendly routes as well as build your confidence while riding as a group and get tips/advice from other riders in a fun, social environment.
Sessions suitable for all abilities. Adults and families welcome. Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
What to expect:
- 10am – Led group ride to the event – Approx. 15miles. Explore local bike friendly routes and build confidence riding as a group. Suitable for all bikes, gentle pace, nobody gets left behind. Places are limited, to secure your spot Book HERE
- 11am – Family Friendly Led group ride to the event – Approx 4/5 miles, Explore local bike friendly routes suitable for all the family. Explore your local area by bike and build confidence riding as a group. Suitable for all abilities, gentle pace, nobody gets left behind. Places are limited, to secure your spot Book HERE
- 1-3pm – Bike Chat & Social – Join us for some bike chat and show us through your steed, bags, racks and accessories as well as admiring others. Great opportunity to ask about local cycle routes, get ideas and advice from other riders. All bikes & little riders welcome – Drop-in
- 1-3pm – Free bike maintenance workshop with The Bike Foundry – Tools & materials provided – Places are limited Book HERE
- 1-3pm – Dr Bike – Free drop-in bike check & simple repairs – provided by The Bike Foundry.
- *All Day – Pedals turned are beers earned – Attic have kindly offered 10% off take out beers for anyone arriving by bike. Bar bags at the ready, fill those panniers, load those racks, let’s see just how many cans of beer can be strapped to a bike frame. Don’t forget to share your best beer #quaxing photos. Tag us on social media @ecobirmingham use hashtag #BrumByBike or email your photos to [email protected].
This is going to an EPIC day and we can’t wait to see you, everyone welcome! We especially encourage families and owners of none standard bikes to get involved.
Booking is required for led rides and maintenance workshop.
*Please drink and ride responsibly*
Quaxing – transporting something unusual, awkward or unlikely using public transport or a bike. Quaxing includes shopping by various non-car means, but it’s not surprising that cyclists – whose transport choice is too often ignored grabbed hold of the term and made it their own. Get involved!
Inspiring positive action towards using active travel for everyday journeys, part of our Brum By Bike project.
LED RIDE* – By taking part in this ride you accept ecobirmingham’s terms and conditions.
This is a free event, however we do appreciate donations if you are able. Donations from people like you are essential to ensure we can continue our important work across the city.