“If every Brummie refilled a water bottle once a week instead of buying a new single-use plastic one, the city would reduce its waste plastic bottle consumption by 22.3 million a year!”
Refill is a national campaign set up by City to Sea. It aims to reduce plastic pollution at source by making it easier for people to reuse and refill their bottles with free tap water while out and about.
We are the local champion for the campaign. We are working with a number of partners on Refill Birmingham which we hope will effect systemic change in the city. It should reduce the use of a large quantity of single use plastic bottles and improve the lives of many of the city’s citizens, engage businesses and residents in the environmental agenda, as well as preparing the city for the Commonwealth Games 2022 to be as green and plastic free as possible.
Join The ReFILL REVOLUTION
- Start using a reusable bottle.
- Sign up to the free Refill app.
- Find out where you can refill and track the impact you are making for the planet each time you do.
- Keep up to date with Refill Birmingham’s news and share your stories too! Follow Refill Birmingham on Twitter and Instagram.
BECOME A REFILL STATION
As a business or organisation you can commit to being a Refill Station if you have a publicly accessible tap that provides drinkable water.
The three key benefits to becoming a Refill Station:
Increase footfall, Protect the Planet and Get Involved with your Community.
Step 2: Let us know you are on board by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we can get a sticker to you to put on the door/window of your premises.
Step 4: If you are interested in having a pot to collect donations for ecobirmigham please let us know as it will help fund our work on the campaign.
If you have any queries, please read the Business FAQs or get in contact with us. Contact details below.
Other ways to get involved
- Spread the word! Run an event at your workplace or in your community. Let us know what you are up to on social media – Refill Birmingham are on Twitter and Instagram + use the hashtag #RefillBirmingham.
- Become a partner organisation. You could donate staff or volunteer support, financial support or maybe you can help us promote the campaign, use your networks and supply chains to effect change or help us gain publicity.
If you have any further queries or would like to get involved, contact us on 0121 448 0119 or email: email@example.com