Terms & Conditions: Cycling activities
By registering for this event you agree that:
- You agree to act responsibly and adhere to the rules of the road and countryside.
- You understand that whilst ride leaders/cycling instructors will undertake all reasonable efforts to ensure your safety, you will be required to be vigilant and ride in a safe manner.
- You hereby maintain that you are fit and healthy enough to participate in this event and your cycle(s) is/are in safe, legal and rideable condition.
- You undertake to make the ride leaders aware of any medical condition you have which may adversely affect your ability to participate in the ride.
- You also accept that ride leaders /cycling instructors cannot be held responsible for personal injury, accident, loss or damage during the ride or on the way to or from the ride.
- You understand that ride leaders/cycling instructors may refuse to allow you to participate if they deem your bike(s) to be unroadworthy, or if your behaviour or ability level is deemed to be unsuitable.
- You understand that the wearing of a helmet is optional and that ride leaders/cycling instructors will not be held liable for the results of any injury which it is later established may have been prevented by the wearing of a helmet or later established may have been caused by the wearing of your helmet(s). Ride leaders/cycling instructors may advise on the fit of the helmet but will not necessarily be able to judge from its appearance if it is in good condition.
- You agree to follow government guidelines in regards to COVID-19 and all safety precautions ecobirmingham have in place outlined when booking.
- Data protection and privacy – we will hold your data in accordance with the GDPR.
- You agree for ecobirmingham to store your personal information (such as name, e-mail, address, mobile number and other relevant information related to our programme) and share with non-commercial organisations like Birmingham Public Health (Birmingham City Council) for COVID-19 track an trace purposes.
- Weather policy – In the event of extreme weather conditions such as heavy precipitation or dangerous surfaces, it is at the discretion of our instructors whether to proceed or to cancel. If we have to cancel or abandon the class then we will either issue full or partial refunds, or transfer your place to another date, subject to availability.
- Personal belongings. Please look after your personal belongings. We don’t accept responsibility if they are lost or stolen.
- Cancellation policy. If you no longer need your place then please let us know as there may be a waiting list.
- Refund policy. For chargeable events, refunds will only be given if 48 hours notice is given of cancellation.